One of the biggest things that many people fight with around the home is organization. This is especially true when it comes to closets. Their odd shapes and general tendency to collect random objects from around the home can make them infuriating to keep clean and tidy. While some people choose to go with the cram and slam closet organization system, the avalanche of random sweaters, unwanted gifts, golf clubs and the occasional household pet that occurs whenever the door opens leaves a bit to be desired. This is where Ikea closet systems and IKEA wardrobes come in.
Features of Ikea Closet Systems
- Adjustable fitting
- Wall-mount or ceiling mount reinforcement
- Reconfigurable pieces
- Sliding mechanisms
- Quality components
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- A variety of finishes and component materials to chose from.
With their modular designs, infinite configuration possibilities and great appearance, you can turn any closet into an organizational wonderland. Whether you are looking to store your clothing and accessories or loads of knick-knacks and other miscellaneous items, the configuration possibilities for Ikea closet organizers like sliding closet doors make it easy.
As with most Ikea products, if you have a little time and a hex-headed wrench, you can have a stunning and functional piece of furniture. This could be one of the biggest reasons that Ikea closet systems reviews are often very positive. When choosing which Ikea closet systems will work best for you, there are a few things to consider to ensure fit and good overall usage of the organizer.
Closet System Shopping Tips
- Closet dimensions—while many of the Ikea closet organizers systems are highly configurable and expandable, they might have height or width requirements that make them too large or too small for your intended space.
- Materials—by using similar materials to your interior décor or structure, you can create a seamless look that provides greater appeal. Materials range from affordable laminate to pricier steel and glass components.
- Intended uses—with a variety of components available in many Ikea closet systems, finding the one the suits your needs the best is often simple. However, many systems will feature different components. Wire racks work better for large objects, while hanging or rolling baskets are great for small things. Why buy a shoe rack if you do not intend to store your shoes in your closet? These are all things to consider when finding the most functional Ikea closet systems for your needs.
While most Ikea locations will offer assembly or install services for a fee, most of their furniture, including Ikea closet organizer systems, can be assembled with minimal effort and fuss. This can be a great way to save a little money.
Ikea Closet Systems Installation Tips
- Always check to be sure that all parts are included. While missing parts are rare, nothing is more frustrating than getting half way through a project before realizing you cannot complete it due to a missing part.
- Get all of your need tools handy. Fortunately, most Ikea closet systems require minimal tools. Often a basic screwdriver and a hex wrench is all that is needed.
- Read the included instructions. While it might take a few minutes, it will undoubtedly save time in the bigger picture.
- Do not proceed if don’t have the ability and understanding of the installation. Better let professionals do it for a flawless installation.